Saturday 29 August 2009

Initial EDF power-up

I soldered up the motor and ESC connectors for each, to check they all work. I hooked up a 12V 18A power supply (the biggest I have) and used the servo tester to provide the control signal. The first one ran the wrong way as I had the motor connections swapped - easily sorted (and now labelled). I couldn't spin them up to max because the PSU hit current limit and the voltage sagged to a point where the ESCs cut out, but wow, I was impressed! They each seemed pretty well balanced up until just before the cut-off point where some high frequency vibration was observed. Can't wait to run them properly, so I'll have a crack at balancing them next, and fixing them into a triangular test rig. To run all three at once; I'll need a higher power PSU too.

No comments:

Post a Comment