Tuesday 25 August 2009

EDFs arrive!

A smaller than exected parcel was on my desk when I got home from work today. Inside were the three plastic fans/housing with motors already mounted and aluminium radial cooling fans on the back. There was even a small Allen key supplied for each. Also in the box were three 40A ESCs complete with BEC and a small bag with mating half connectors and heatshrink tubing, even though the eBay lot was shown and described as "no connectors" (9 days from Hong Kong!). There was also the "free gifts" - three mini keyring torches, which I may rob the LEDs from. I inspected each of the EDF units for transit damage and all looked OK.



I haven't currently got a way of providing the ESCs with a signal so I can't test them yet (servo tester on order). There was a little plastic flash from the injection moulding process which was easily trimmed with my trusty Swiss Army knife. I guess they'll need balancing before I stick any serious power through them. Can't wait to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment