Thursday 5 August 2010

Arduino or PIC?

A dilemma: what should I use? Should I buy into the ready-made hardware, tons of examples and accessories of the Arduino or do I stick with the more powerful/flexible PIC, which I've used before, which has a rich selection of peripherals and can make a smaller, neater end solution, but needs a lot more effort to get going?

The trouble is it's been a while since I did any serious PIC work and I'm attracted to the quick and easy Arduino. But I'm also not sure the Arduino will be up to scratch, with respect to I/O, peripherals and physical size (I could get a Nano?) and I'd have to learn a new platform.

So if I go for an Arduino, will I have to re-do everything in a PIC solution later? Should I go straight for a PIC solution, but with the extra time and effort?

I don't know. The Arduino does look like a quick solution...

Arduino website
Microchip PIC website

No comments:

Post a Comment